21 Feb 2012
In 2012, a significant failure in a popular cloud service will set the cloud movement back
The blogger David Lavenda share his predictions for 2012:
- Social business will take off in 2012, but companies will struggle to adopt.
- A significant failure in a popular cloud service will set the cloud movement back.
- Mobile IT will grow slowly in the enterprise.
- Organizations will increase IT infrastructure investments.
- An iPad tablet alternative will emergeout of the fragmented Android market.
- Android vs. iOS 2012.
- eBooks will dominate.
- Information overload will get much worse.
- Consolidation in the social business/enterprise collaboration market.
- A significant new player will emerge in the social networking space.
About the point 2, David Lavenda said that “a high-profile outage will scare a lot of businesses planning to move to the cloud; caution will set in as companies think twice about exposing their crown IT jewels to the cloud. Small companies with scant IT resources will throw caution to the wind and will continue to move to the cloud, because of the huge cost savings they can realize.”
You can read his full post on FastCompany.com